Thursday, January 2, 2014



Pondering 2014...

and all the work, uh, fun in store getting healthier and stronger..


 with a VITAMIX!!!  Yay!  


I've always wanted one but they are sooo expensive and I couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a kitchen appliance if it wasn't a stove or refrigerator.

BUT...after studying this...


Glowing Green Smoothie

Kimberly Snyder
printable recipe

12-16 oz Filtered Water
1 head of Romaine Lettuce
1 cup Spinach
3 Celery Sticks
1/2 cucumber (optional)
1 Green Apple (cored)
1 pear (ripe)
1 banana (riper the better)
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
(Optional: add head of parsley or cilantro)

Prepare all the veggies by washing and chopping them before placing them into the blender in the order they are written. This is very important as the veggies take longer to break down the fruit. I like to add the romaine and spinach and blend a bit before adding the remaining veggies and blending a bit again. You can generally add the fruit all at once. 

If you don't have enough room in your blender do not push it... pour some into a container and blend that before adding the rest of it. You'll have a mess otherwise. 

If you have a Blendtec press the 'whole juice' or 'soup' button. 
If you have a Vitamix, select 'Variable, speed 1'. Turn on and quickly increase speed to 10. Blend for 1 1/2 minutes until very smooth. Serve cold, enjoy.

Makes 2-4 servings, lasts 2-3 days in the fridge.

I knew I had to get one!  It's cheaper than having a heart attack.  $40K vs. $380.00?



I ordered a VITAMIX on New Year's Eve and haven't looked back.
 
For a year now I've made green smoothies every morning before work and downed them. I really think this has been the only good thing I've done for myself just because I'm so busy working and raising a family.  I really believe it's kept me from being sick and helped me keep up with a hectic schedule.  But what I call a smoothie here has only been water and spinach with psyllium husk fiber thrown in for good measure.  I'm used to the bland taste but can't recommend it to anyone.  My blender just can't handle the above ingredients other than being a particle filled smoothie.  So there hasn't been any gourmet taste to the health drinks I've survived on all year.

I posted a before pic above.  Sadly you can't see the dark circles under my eyes,  the stressed out blotchy skin, the zit prone T-Zone...haha (I'm glad)...but I'm hoping for improvement in 6 weeks...and a big burst of energy!

Ice Storm in  KC

Well it started snowing last night and ended at midnight.  We only have 3 inches of snow but it's blowing and freezing out.  I have to go back to work tomorrow.  I've had the last 2 weeks off, but a consolation is, it's Friday so I can ease back into the hectic world of the lab slowly.  I've done all the laundry, cleaned out my bedroom...there were 5 bags of throwaway??? and the same of giveaway.  WOW!  As the effort got underway I just tossed...if I haven't used it in a year...I haven't missed it.  So I've got my workclothes paired up and ready...because I know I'll be mindless tomorrow morning throwing on stuff.

Here's what I always wear (maybe you identify?):


http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/72/82/13/27/0072821327821_500X500.jpg

 3/4 Sleeve V-Neck Tee product photo Main View P275WDanskin Now Women's Zipper Sneaker



Yeah...it's all black.  But black's a magnet for me...anyways work is all about function...I have to be able to move, lift and carry in the lab as well as not look too freakish when I go upstairs to the offices.

Sometimes I change it out for this:





But not often...I have 3 black tops to 1 red.  And we always wear...
LABCOATS so it doesn't matter much what I wear.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you are the "lady in black." Too funny. And, I can't wait to see some follow-up pics. I think the blender was a great investment. Your health is worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete