Thursday, January 2, 2014

I needed a work break from the intensity of the lab so I started doodling at lunch on a capsule wardrobe.  Here's what I ended up with:


George Women's Classic Career Pencil Skirt   +   George Women's Plus-Size Career Suiting...  +  George Women's Classic Career Pant+
Walmart George pencil                          Walmart George work               Walmart George gray $17.00
skirt $15.00                                               pants $17.00





+   +       +        +      

+      = 43 separate changes...WOW that's a lot of


work outfits for small change....most of these are Walmart clothes under $15 a piece.

We have:  1 classic black gabardine trouser wash and wear no iron; 1 classic gray trouser; 1 black gabardine pencil skirt; 1 red cardigan; 1 gray ruffled sweater (can double as overcoat in a pinch); 1 classic white button up shirt; 1 turqoise silk blouse; 1 pair jeans; 1 teal wrap dress; 1 long sleeve v neck tee; 1 coral short sleeve tee.

THE BEST FACEWASH:

I got Cerave moisturizing facewash from CVS.  At $12 it was pricey to me.  But it's a big bottle and will last forever.  It has hyaluronic acid which really works at retaining moisture in the deep layers of the skin.  I got Cerave moisturizer a HUGE bottle for $12.  It is full of ceramides which smooth the skin and hyaluronic acid.  What a deal.  With a titanium dioxide sunscreen they are a great face prep for the day.  I still use the L'Oreal intense serum right after cleansing.  I really believe this regimen, which I have done for years has kept my skin looking great....ahem...except that it was never perfect, well maybe when I was a baby before puberty set in and everyone's skin erupts with pimples.
 CeraVe AM Lotion   +   L'Oreal Revitalift, Triple Power Serum Treatment, Concentrated - 1 ...                             

So, if my daughters are reading this...I recommend these things...they are really inexpensive compared to all the high cost things women CAN buy...and they are in drugstores...but they really work and save money.

Okay...on to running...I am starting tomorrow...I guess it's time and I have to do it.

  I expect to end up like this...for a few weeks anyway.

But in a few months maybe I can be doing this...                  maybe                      

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your posts Mom!! They make me so happy--mission accomplished :) I love your idea for the retro hula--very cool. I'd love to be in on that! Wish we all lived nearby so we could dance together. I just taught Xela's class hula a few weeks ago--it's so much fun and relaxing--somehow I always forget that until there's another opportunity to teach again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete