Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The biggest snow of the year...

It is snowing a dry powder all over the metro.  The roads are crazy, drifts everywhere, it is at least a foot high outside the door.

I just went to emergency and decided to come home.  I was feeling like I couldn't breathe so I went in but by the time I got there I was doing better.  I had taken 4 Ibuprofin after waking up and they were starting to work.  I had an accident Saturday and felt okay right after except for a niggly pain in my chest.  I realized it wasn't a heart attack after awhile since it was on the RIGHT side??  Anyways, I think the seat belt jerked so hard on the right side where my car hit that it bruised my ribs and it's hard to breathe because of the pain through the rib cage.  I believe I will get better if I rest it and don't go too long between Ibuprofin doses...

Okay, so I was just wondering who the next Dr Who will be and voila...











not really......but do you see the likeness?










but the new wardrobe has got to be my favorite of all the Dr wear ever....
 here it is...








the CROMBIE coat!!!  I want one for me...they only cost $795.00.

So I put together the same look for cheap...for gals...


Wear It 3 Ways: White Button Down - CareerWomen BrashWomen's Tanner Lace-Up Boot





the Walmart special 3-fer $27,  red lined jacket....ebay cost ????  but if you want a cheap jacket the Walmart 3-fer isn't red lined but you can throw a red vest under it...boots Payless $30...I'd get a used pair for $5 they're everywhere since Doc Martin boots are'nt the style right now...

oh and...
 a maglite would be a great dupe for the sonic screwdriver.

So here's what it should be like...when you're done....Crombie has had a run on it's dark blue red lined coats...flying off the shelves.


 Peter Capaldi as the DoctorI remember when my little brother bribed my mom into knitting him a seriously long multicolored scarf so he could be TIME LORD the fourth, Tom Baker...


 kinda looks like Harpo Marx.  But this look was cool in the 80's!

Okay...to end the post so I can go back to bed since the Ibuprofen is working so swell and I am feeling good...until the next fix:

Here is the next hula I wanna teach:  Ka Pua Alamea, choreo by Kumu Johnny Lum Ho of Halau O Ka Ua Kanilehua...

seriously beautiful choreography as always...not too syrupy like all the choreo today...but lovely with lots of variety and a real respect for the mele's words...

and...










    


`Ulupalakua (Breadfruit Ripened On The Back)
by John P. Watkins
 
Kaulana mai nei
A`o `Ulupalakua
E `ïnikiniki ahiahi
Ka home a`o paniolo


E wehi e ku`u lei
A`o `Ulupalakua
`Onaona me ka `awapuhi
He nani ma'oli nö


Ha`ina mai ka puana
A`o `Ulupalakua
H `ïnikiniki ahiahi
Ka home a`o paniolo


John Pi'ilani Watkins
 
 
Famous
Is `Ulupalakua
The pangs of the cold evening air
The home of the cowboys


My lei is an adornment
Of `Ulupalakua
The sweet scent of ginger is
Truly beautiful


Tell the refrain
Of `Ulupalakua
The pangs of the cold evening air
The home of the cowboy


 
Source: Kamehameha Schools HSI Copyright John Watkins - An ancient Maui chief would send runners to Kipahulu for breadfruit. When they returned with the fruit, it was ripe. The chief called the district Ulupalakua or "breadfruit ripened on the back". The composer visited Ulupalakua, in up-country Maui on the southwestern slopes of Haleakala. He was so impressed by the cold mountain air, the scent of ginger and the cowboys, he composed this mele in 1947, to honor the district. Edited by Dr. Barbara Price










































































No comments:

Post a Comment